The Students Affairs Department of Caleb University on Wednesday released the schedule of some of the oustandstaning important events in the school.
Recall that Caleb University Lagos remains the first and the only conventional University to resume the second semester as scheduled online due to the covid 19 pandemic that forced a total lockdown on private and public institutions.
Excerpts of the statement from the Dean, Student Affairs shows the following:
STUDENTS PROJECT SUBMISSION
● Submission of supervisor-approved project for defence as Microsoft Word file - June 19
● Project defence - June 22-26
● Submission of corrected and formatted PDF copy of project (with student’s full names as file name), by mail to HoD/Department - July 1
● Submission of projects by HoDs in departmental folders by mail to Dean - July 2
● Submission of College projects folders containing departmental sub-folders by mail to library for production and binding - July 3
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES COUNCIL ELECTIONS
●Nomination of Candidates for Various Positions - July 1-4
●Campaigns - July 5-10
● Screening of Nominated candidates - July 11-14
●Release of Candidates List - July 15
● Manifesto Day/Choice of New Officers/ Inauguration - July 17.
● Signing out of old SRC officials - July 17
FINAL YEAR PROGRAMMES
● Caleb University Campus Fellowship New Executive Inauguration - July 1
● Alumni Programme – Theme: AFTER SCHOOL, WHAT NEXT? - July 25
●Final Year Thanksgiving Service July 26
REGISTRATION AND EXAMINATIONS
● Deadline for course registration this semester is June 20, 2020, (to be eligible for 2nd semester examination).
● Second Semester Exams - July 20- July 31
● Senate on Results August 18, 2020
● Retake Examinations August 17 – 20, 2020
2020/2021 COMPREHENSIVE CALENDAR
● Student Affairs and Students 2020/2021 Calendar Finalization -June 23
● Final calendar submission - June 30
● Release of 2020/2021 Comprehensive Activity Calendar - July 15.
2020/2021 RESUMPTION KEY DATES
● Resumption - September 7
● Convocation - September 25
● for a student to be eligible to participate in the 2nd semester examinations, the balance of the school fees for this semester be paid before the exams commence. Course registration closes on June 20.
● If there is no physical resumption for the rest of the 2nd semester, those who paid for accommodation will have the accommodation fee carried forward, and have the option of contacting the bursar on what should be done.
The statement reiterated the fact that until the school resumes physically, all activities will take place on the university's online platform, with all official correspondences done, using the official email addresses of membera of staff and students.